Skip to content
Conditions of Entry
- Entries close on Monday 18 March 2019 at 12pm. Late submissions will not be accepted.
- Entries will be accepted online www.armadale.gov.au or by submission of the Artist Entry Form.
- Cost of entry is $33 per artist entry (maximum two artworks per artist).
- Fees paid are for administrative costs and are non refundable.
- The competition is open class and open to any medium.
- Maximum dimensions for 2D artworks must not exceed 1.5m x 1.5m. The maximum weight of artworks must not exceed 15kgs.
- 3D artworks are to be a maximum of 1.5m x 1.5m and must not exceed 30kg. The City of Armadale will provide basic plinths to display works. The artist is to provide any specific display requirements (such as locked cases).
- Acceptance of artworks larger than these set dimensions is at the discretion of the Curator selection panel.
- All work must be the original work of the submitting artist, produced in the past 12 months. Artwork cannot be copied or referenced either wholly or in part from an external article.
- An Artist Statement of not more than 150 words and at least one (1) high resolution image of completed artwork – JPEG, between 1-2mb is required with this submission.
- All artworks must be for sale. Sale price should include a 25% commission.
- To have your gallery acknowledged, it is essential that any artist belonging to a gallery must state the name of their gallery on the
- True diptych or multiples will be accepted at the discretion of the Curator.
- The artist agrees that the City of Armadale reserves the right to reproduce work (in part or whole) in print, film or digital format for promotion, education and documentation in association with the exhibition.
- The City of Armadale cannot accept responsibility for damage, loss, fire, theft or vandalism. Artists are advised to provide their own insurance as exhibits will not be covered by the City of Armadale.
- The Curator reserves the right to reject any exhibit and determine those that will be displayed.
- The Curator and judges decisions are final and no further correspondence will be entered into.
- City of Armadale staff are encouraged to enter the Awards. However, they must have no involvement in the organisation or running of the event.
- Work must be suitably presented for display. It must be dry and fitted with a reliable hanging device. Artworks must be fitted with two D-rings for hanging, wire or string is not adequate. Successful artists must securely attach a label to each artwork submitted.
- Please remember to label your statement and image with your name and title of artwork as you would like it to appear in the catalogue.
- Artists who have an ABN and are registered for GST must include the GST amount in the total sale price. Artists who have an ABN and are not registered for GST must not include the GST amount in the total sale price.
- Artists who do not have an ABN must provide a signed ‘Statement by Supplier’ form with the relevant section ticked. Failure to do so will require the City of Armadale to withhold 48.5% after the commission has been deducted.