Conditions of Entry
- Entries close on Monday 15 March 2021 at noon. Late submissions will not be accepted.
- Entries will be accepted online www.armadaleartsfestival.com.au/minnawarra-art-awards or by submission of this completed form.
- Cost of entry is $33 per artist (maximum two artworks per artist).
- Fees paid are for administrative costs and are non-refundable.
- The competition is open class and open to any medium.
- The City of Armadale will acquire three artworks by exchange for the cash value as noted in the awards, these artworks will become part of the City’s Art Collection. Artists will need to identify the acquisition prizes they want to be considered for in their entry form. If the price of your artwork is priced higher than the cash award offered the award will not be increased to this amount. By nominating a work to be included into one of the awards the Artist agrees to sell the artwork for the cash value offered for that award. If the artwork is valued by the entrant at less than the award offered by the City, the City will still pay the full cash award for the selected category and acquire the work.
- To be eligible for the Local Artist Award you must be a local resident of the Armadale District and be able to confirm that if required.
- To be eligible for the Aboriginal Artist Award you must be of Aboriginal descent and be able to confirm that if required.
- Maximum dimensions for 2D artworks must not exceed 1.5m x 1.5m. The maximum weight of artworks must not exceed 15kgs.
- 3D artworks are to be a maximum of 1.5m H x 0.7m W x 0.7m D and must not exceed 20kg. The City of Armadale will provide basic plinths to display works. The artist is to provide any specific display requirements (such as locked cases).
- Acceptance of artworks bigger than these set dimensions is at the discretion of the Curator.
- Work must be suitably presented for the Award. It must be dry and fitted with two D-rings, 4cm from the top of the work. The work will be hung from these, not from wire, string, tape or other.
- All work must be the original work of the submitting artist; and due to COVID-19 for 2021 only, artworks can have been produced in the past 24 months. Artwork cannot be copied or referenced either wholly or in part from an external article. You may be requested to provide a release form with permission if your work references a specific person, place or story of cultural significance.
- All artworks must be for sale. Sale price is to include a 25% commission.
- To have your gallery acknowledged, it is essential that any artist belonging to a gallery must state the name of their gallery on the entry form.
- True diptych or multiples will be accepted at the discretion of the Curator.
- The artist agrees that the City of Armadale reserves the right to reproduce work (in part or whole) in print, film or digital format for promotion, education and documentation in association with the exhibition.
- The City of Armadale cannot accept responsibility for damage, loss, fire, theft or vandalism. Artists are advised to provide their own insurance as artworks will not be covered by the City of Armadale.
- The Curator reserves the right to reject any artwork and determine those that will be displayed.
- The Curator’s and judges’ decisions are final and no further correspondence will be entered into.
- City of Armadale staff are encouraged to enter the Awards. However, they must have no involvement in the organisation or running of the event.
- An artist statement about the work of not more than 150 words and at least one (1) high resolution image of completed artwork (JPEG between 1-2mb) is required with this submission.
- Please remember to label your statement and image with your name and title of artwork as you would like it to appear in the catalogue.
- Artists who have an ABN and are registered for GST must include the GST amount in the total sale price. Artists who have an ABN and are not registered for GST must not include GST in the total sale price.
- Artists who do not have an ABN must provide a signed ‘Statement by Supplier’ form with the relevant section ticked. Failure to do so will require the City of Armadale to withhold 48.5% after the commission has been deducted.